27 January, 2017
The New Year, also known as the Spring Festival, is marked by the lunisolar Chinese calendar, so the date changes from year to year.
The festivities usually start the day before the New Year and continue until the Lantern Festival, the 15th day of the New Year.
This year it's the Year of the Rooster. 2017 is a Fire Rooster Year, In Chinese element theory, each zodiac year is associated with one of five elements: Gold (Metal), Wood, Water, Fire, or Earth, which means that a Fire Rooster, for example, comes once every 60-year cycle. The Rooster is the tenth animal in the cycle. The next Year of the Rooster will be in 2029.
The Luckiest Things for Roosters:
- Lucky numbers: 5, 7, and 8
- Lucky days: the 4th and 26th of any Chinese lunar month
- Lucky colors: gold, brown, and yellow
- Lucky flowers: gladiola, cockscomb
- Lucky directions: south, southeast
- Lucky months: the 2nd, 5th, and 11th Chinese lunar months.
Things That Roosters Should Avoid
- Unlucky color: red
- Unlucky numbers: 1, 3, and 9
- Unlucky direction: east
- Unlucky months: the 3rd, 9th, and 12th Chinese lunar months